Standalone Sub-Maximal Test
In addition to the initial physiological assessment, we recommend performing this test a couple of times during the year so the effectiveness of your training can be assessed and modifications can be made to your training plan. Ideally, we would suggest testing shortly before a key competition phase and towards the end of your season to establish 'off-season' training zones.
This is a sub-maximal, designed to take you just above Lactate Threshold. Blood lactate and heart rate will be measured during the test and then used to assess your endurance capability and identify your Lactate Thresholds.
What can I expect?
- Fitness test run by an exercise physiologist
- Sub-maximal blood lactate test
- Test report detailing your Lactate Thresholds and your bespoke training zones
- Comparisons to previous test data.
- Power-to-weight ratios
- One-to-one chat with an exercise physiologist
Why complete a trainSharp sub maximal blood lactate test?
- Assesses current fitness levels and effectiveness of training to date
- Provides bespoke training zones
- Highlights optimal training paces
- Informs design & modification of your training plan
- Helps mitigate potential over-training and accumulated fatigue
For more information regarding the test, please call and speak to one of our exercise physiologists on 01892 577802.
The cost of the Standalone Sub-Maximal Test is £200